Sounds like you have it. Yes, do a water change and dose every 24 hours. I would recommend since you have sensitive fish to dissolve the tablets in water outside of the tank, as in a bucket or pitcher, then pour the water into the tank.
Leave the filter on, keep bio media inside of it, but remove carbon until the fish are well.
For a 55 gallon tank, you would normally use 5 tablets (you don't actually have 55 gallons of water as some water is displaced by gravel, decor, etc), but in your case, I would recommend 2.5 tablets, cutting one in half.
It is hard to get rid of any disease when you have to do a half dose, just be persistent. Also, try raising your temperature, gradually over a whole day, to 86 degrees and leave it there for 2-3 days. Warmer water shortens the life cycle of the parasite.
answered 2 months, 4 weeks ago
0out of 0found this answer helpful.